VTES is the electric utility provider for Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Virginia campus and about 6,000 residential and commercials customers in the Town of Blacksburg.
Winter Energy Saving Tips
- Set your ceiling fan to turn clockwise.
- Open curtains during the day to let in natural heat, then close them at night to keep heat in.
- Replace dirty air filters in your heating system.
- Put on an air conditioner cover during the winter to reduce drafts.
- Wear slippers and light sweaters so you can lower the temperature a few degrees.
- Cover up with a blanket when sitting still at home.
Learn more about how you can reduce energy usage during the winter months and save money.