The levelized billing plan is calculated monthly based on the current twelve month average which can fluctuate slightly. This plan recalculates each month thus avoiding the potential of accumulating a large settlement balance, or credit during the reconcile month with the budget plan. Here are some of the benefits of the new levelized billing plan:
- The levelized billing plan recalculates each bill monthly.
- The amount due can gradually increase or decrease a bit, which forces the account to gradually correct itself.
- No large settlement balance due during the reconcile month.
- Helps to avoid large bills during seasonal months such as summer and winter.
- Helps customers better manage their finances.
- Settlement occurs only when the account in the plan is terminated due to the account becoming delinquent, the account closing or per request of the account holder.